How it works and what we can do for you
When you join The BetterGrass Program we will:
- Analyse your soil using the most comprehensive soil fertility audit
- Analyse grass / forage / feed values
- Make detailed recommendations on what you need to do to:
a) Improve the soil b) Improve the quality of the grass
- Source the most effective products that you need to use
- Re-check soils and grass once the program has kicked in and monitor the results
- Advise on cultivation, aeration and sub-soiling
All this helps you grow top quality grass as it should be grown to feed top quality animals as they should be fed.
These cows seem to think so and to be fair it does look good, however, we tested the grass and the results show otherwise (see right of picture). Some mineral levels are very high whilst others are badly deficient.
These young stock are desperate to get into the adjoining paddock, they did not eat the grass in the one they are in and will not eat it in this new ley; why? Because it is unpalatable and lacking in nutrition as can be seen by the mineral result shown here.
These animals are not contented, they are showing clinical signs of a mineral deficiency and the farm needs to use the BetterGrass Standard product to improve the pasture.